Friday, January 6, 2012

"If only.." is the worst!

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream" C.S Lewis
I copied this off a women's e-newsletter that came this week. It's EXACTLY what I need to remember and what I've decided to take action on already.
The thing is... I have no dream attached to my goals. In my experience, I've found that doing what I feel is right and being consistent pays off big time in the end!
Learning German is an old goal from 2002 when I started a distance education course and never finished it. Ten years later I could be fluent if I'd have just stuck with it! 
German is just so impractical! Why not learn Japanese (we're close, only makes sense - lots of J. tourists!), Spanish - the most spoken language after English, or French (Fr. Polynesia's close, get an understanding for alot of words in the modern English language). It also sounds as ugly as the flag looks.. yerk!

But for some strange reason I'm loving it! It's confusing as heck, learning languages but at least my accent's ok! 

I've finally decided that when I grow up I want to be a....
Oooh.. do I dare say? mmmmmm... No. For now I'll just learn the basics of chemistry and physics (like I never did at school because of the crummy teacher - lost opportunities make me gasp!)
Then in a couple of years when I'm enrolled I'll let you know.
For now, it's German, high school brush ups and little boys to enjoy (in the reverse order).

I LOVE my family! And thank you Mum and Dad. For extra time, for extra chats, for those feelings of home, of safety and relief in belonging. You get me and I'm so glad I get you for a while longer. xxxx (can you feel the tears spilling over?).

No comments: