Saturday, December 26, 2009

Wishing you Mamma Karries!




This Christmas I pumped out Gingerbread houses for those special ones - camera broke so no pics - and these DELISH ferrero like chocolates for the other 'special to me's'.

A lady in a pilates class made them for end of term nibbles at the end of class and I was BLOWN AWAY!


Recipe


180g soft butter
pinch salt
120g brown sugar - I used rapadura as I was out of brown, that's why mine look speckledy

240g plain flour
3 tablespoons cornflour - I ran out so used custard powder, was great!
1/8 tsp bicarb soda
small chocolate cups
nuts of your choice (raw, they'll get roasted in the cookie baking part)
500g chocolate (plus more for drizzling if you want to do that)



You can see the raw cookie dough around the hazelnut. You don't need to leave much room. If you have put too much dough around the nut it sags when it cooks and you don't have that think wafer like crunch... it's .. well, thicker :o) still yum though.

See some have sagged here. First batch.


Dipped and chilling, waiting for white choc to melt.

IT MADE 130 -ish HAZELNUT chocs!!!!! I was there for flippin' ages! I hope you loved them as much as I do :o)


Merry Christmas. I'm glad it's over.

No comments: